Well, there is no specific passing mark as such. You will get scores as per your ability and proficiency in English language. You will be scored on the basis of your English proficiency in institutional settings in PTE Academic. Overall, you will be scored from 10 to 90 points. These scores are divided into Reading, Listening, Speaking and Writing skills. The passing marks usually depend on the course you are taking.
Here are the required minimum marks for different criteria –
- Minimum 36 marks for students studying below degree level for Tier 4 UK visas
- Minimum 51 marks for students studying above or at degree level for Tier 4 UK visas
The concerned university will be the important factor for the required PTE score in order to get admission at any Higher Secondary institution in the UK at or above degree level. Here are the minimum score requirements to seek admission to UK-based universities –
- Minimum score from 59 to 69 for MBA
- Minimum score from 57 to 67 for PG studies
- Minimum score from 51 to 61 for UG studies